[pmwiki-users] Problem wih Include Directives

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Jun 15 16:48:02 CDT 2006

On Thu, Jun 15, 2006 at 02:26:15PM -0700, Martin Fick wrote:
> > How about {<<$Title}, to mean "$Title of the outer
> > include"? Would that be too close to {<$Title} ?
>

> I think I was thinking the other way around:  that the
> {$Title} would continue to work as is (it would be the
> title of the outer page) and that if someone wanted to
> be sure to keep the inner (included page's title,)
> they could now use the {.$Title} markup.

Oh, my post was confusing -- sorry about that.  I'm not
at all thinking of changing the existing {$Title} markup
-- there is far too much that depends on it already, and besides,
it's far more common to want the title/name of the current page than
it is to want the title/name of an included page.

I meant that {<<$Title} would refer to the name of the
page being included.  Although perhaps that should be
{>>$Title} instead.  Or maybe {==$Title}.

> Does that make any of them leap out at you now? :)

No, not yet.  But we'll come up with something.
Almost any sequence will work (except those that already
mean something else) .