[pmwiki-users] pagelist with additional information

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 17:46:40 CDT 2006

On Thu, 15 Jun 2006, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 15, 2006 at 01:41:15PM -0700, Martin Fick wrote:
>> Is there an equivalent way to not get
>> a return at the end of the text? I tried:
>>
>>   (:include {$Name} #Billed#BilledEnd:) - Text
>>
>> and:
>>
>>   [[#Billed]] [[Billed.False]] [[#BilledEnd]]
>>
>> but the "- Text" show up on the next line.
>
> Nope, there's not really a way to strip off that final newline.  But
> that just goes back to the original point, that we'd be better off doing
> this with stored page attributes somehow, as in {=$Billed}.  :-)

Could we have a directive that "swallows" newlines? Then something like

 	(:include page#Billed:) (:-nl:)

or what about adding an option to (:include:) that tells it to strip
newlines, e.g.

 	(:include page#Billed strip-nl=before:)

Then we could also have something like

 	(:include page#Billed strip-ws=both:)

This might be a bit of feature creep of course, but the first bit would be
really useful!

/Christian