[pmwiki-users] Save As Draft (was Re: Preventing vandalism)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Jun 16 14:05:52 CDT 2006

On Fri, Jun 16, 2006 at 01:05:54PM +1000, Kathryn Andersen wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 15, 2006 at 11:37:14AM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> > > 1. Dynamically relabel the buttons when their function changes, i.e.
> > > when the document being edited ends with "-draft" change the labels to
> > > reflect the fact that the "Save" will now publish the draft to the
> > > original and that the Save As Draft will save this draft.
> >
> > Suggest labels, please?
>
> Actually, would it work if, when the "Save As Draft" functionality was
> enabled, that the button labels were always "Save" and "Publish"?

I think that at minimum the "Save" button would need to be
"Save Draft", otherwise I fear the distinction is not entirely
clear between "Save" and "Publish".

I'm also wondering if some people would be confused by the term
"Publish" -- anyone have any thoughts about that?

But with those two thoughts in mind, I think that having $EnableDrafts
also switch the buttons to read "Save Draft" and "Publish" makes a
lot of sense.

Comments?