[pmwiki-users] Problem wih Include Directives

Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org
Fri Jun 16 18:40:49 CDT 2006

On Fri, Jun 16, 2006 at 11:14:56PM +0200, Dominique Faure wrote:
> On 6/15/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> > I meant that {<<$Title} would refer to the name of the
> > page being included.  Although perhaps that should be
> > {>>$Title} instead.  Or maybe {==$Title}.
> >
> I would prefer {==$Title} since there is no "previous" nor "next"
> notions implied in includes contrary to pagelists or trails.

Well, I don't like {==$Title} so much because it's too similar to
{=$Title}, and an opportunity for typos.  On the other hand, it could
build on the {=$Title} idea, meaning "The currently included page's
value" just as in pagelist {=$Title} means "The currently listed page's
value".

But definitely {<<$Title} is too confusing.

Kathryn Andersen