[pmwiki-users] PmWiki slow ?.

Petko Yotov 5ko at free.fr
Sun Jun 18 06:49:13 CDT 2006

On Sunday 18 June 2006 10:42, Pierre-Marie Carette wrote:
> displayed after 20 to 35 seconds of waiting making the site unusable.
> I  say to OVH, and  OVH-technique answered me: "it does not come from
> the sql" (obviously!!!) and "your site contained too much code". I
> insist: their answer: "I see well that at ifrance (the other
> provider)  it is faster but we note that that comes indeed from your
> code."

Bonjour Pierre-Marie! You wrote this in your profile page:

"Thanks to the authors of PmWiki and the cookbooks : autorestore,
backup_pages, CommentBoxStyled, deletepage, dictindex,expirediff, extendcond,
extendmarkup, kob, newpagebox, postitnotespm, properties, rss, ruletable,
sectionedit,smileys-V20050421,XSiteInfo"

Do you use all these 17 extensions? Maybe recently? Maybe there is too mush
code in some of them, not in PmWiki. Try to disable some of them or all and
see what's the result? Or even, put a default demo installation in anoter
directory and test the speed.

I am very much interested in the OVH hosting and looking forward to read your
conclusions.

Greetings,
Petko