[pmwiki-users] Subgroups recipe

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Sun Jun 18 17:06:30 CDT 2006

On Saturday, 17 June 2006 1:25 AM, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
>On Fri, Jun 16, 2006 at 03:48:24PM +1200, John Rankin wrote:
>> Following the recent discussion on Hierarchical Groups at
>>
>> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/HierarchicalGroups
>>
>> I have amended the SubpageMarkup recipe so that it is functionally
>> equivalent to *one* level of subgroup. Thanks to Jo Durchholz for
>> clarifying the thinking on this. Any misconceptions in the subpage
>> recipe are mine, not his!
>>
>> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/SubpageMarkup
>>
>> It might be helpful if that recipe could be activated for
>> Cookbook.SubpageMarkup and all pages with names starting with
>> Cookbook.SubpageMarkup,[[:upper:]0-9]
>>
>> In hindsight, it should be called SubgroupMarkup.
>
>It's not too late to fix that.  :-)
>
>Pm

I think it would be helpful. Subpage and subgroup capabilities
are functionally equivalent and while other wikis refer to
pages and subpages, the PmWiki group structure lends itself
more naturally to a group and subgroup interpretation, IMO.

So if you could rename the page, I can update the wording.
Thanks.
--
JR