[pmwiki-users] PMwiki running on localhost sometimes slow

Felix E. Klee felix.klee at inka.de
Sun Jun 25 08:11:46 CDT 2006

I've created a local mirror of tagtrade.org on tagtrade.localhost.
Usually loading pages on tagtrade.localhost is very fast.  Sometimes
(randomly), however, it takes a minute or so for a page to load.

How do I find out what may be the culprit of the problem?

Perhaps, it's not PMwiki.

Some details:

* Hardware: Pentium M 1.6GHz with 1GB of RAM.

* Software: Slackware 10.2, LINUX 2.6.14.4, Apache 1.3.34, PHP
  4.4.2, PMwiki-2.1.5.

* When experiencing a delay, system resources look *good*: There is
  usually still plenty of free RAM, and CPU utilization is low.

* The problem appears also when I'm online, i.e. not only when I'm
  offline.

--
Felix E. Klee