[pmwiki-users] View wiki based on username/group?

Jason Frisvold xenophage0 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 09:18:41 CDT 2006

On 6/23/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> Yes, it's possible.  Is the group name the same as the userid, or
> do you intend to keep a list of userid -> group mappings?

Right now the user/pass info is in a sql database.  I'm using DBAuth
to check that info and log in.  That seems to work fine.  I also have
group information in the database for a bunch of other internal stuff
and I'd like to use that as well, but I'm not quite sure how yet.  So,
in the meantime, I was going to create a list by hand of the
user->group mappings on the Site.AuthUser page.

> The essential idea is to have people login by going to a designated
> page (I'll use "Site.Login" for this example), and have a per-page
> configuration file for that page hand authentication and redirection.
> For example, create local/Site.Login.php that contains the
> following:

Can this be the index.php page?  Or must it be something different?
Note : I'm currently set up to use a wikifarm, so I'm looking to bump
the users to a particular farm based on login ..  Is that a different
solution entirely?

> Pm

Thanks!

--