[pmwiki-users] AuthUser - I don't just get it

Jan Erik Moström lists at mostrom.pp.se
Mon Jun 26 13:18:17 CDT 2006

I'm experimenting with a new site and want to have individual logins for users
(read for all, write only for accounts) and from what I understand I should use
AuthUser to do this.

I've followed the instructions on the AuthUser page (I hope) and on the
Site.AuthUser I entered a test user

kalle: (:encrypt anka:)

and saved it, on Main.HomePage I entered "id:kalle" as edit and attribute
passwords.

Now if I've understood things correctly this should prompt me for user/password
when I try to edit the page. I use another browser to test and as expected I'm
asked for user/password, I fill in kalle/anka but it doesn't work, I just get an
"Name/password not recognized".

So I'm missing something ... but what?

                    jem