[pmwiki-users] [Off-Topic] Use of PmWiki for Requirements Modeling

Bellave Jayaram bellavejayaram at cox.net
Wed Jun 28 12:59:31 CDT 2006

Hi,
   Apologies for being slightly off topic but I am looking for any published examples, case studies etc. about the use of PmWiki in the realm of Software Engineering, especially for Requirements Modeling. What I mean is that in software projects, it is common to have lots of requirements which may be captured using one or the other of commercial tools which are all good at what they do but are not as flexible as wikis for collaboration. I will mention two things that a wiki could be used for:

Structured requirements model: Capturing requirements using wikifarms, fields, groups, subgroups, categories guided by some sort of a structure (e.g. architectural requirements, modal requirements, use case scenarios).

Connection to design-oriented model elements: Linking classes of requirements (for e.g., each class having a wikipage) and classes of design (again, each class having one wikipage).

Perhaps someone else has some ideas or already implemented something?

Thanks much,
Jayaram