[pmwiki-users] Problem with Search Results...

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Mar 2 09:54:49 CST 2006

On Thu, Mar 02, 2006 at 10:21:13AM -0500, The Editor wrote:
> Still busily experimenting with new features in PmWiki, and finding
> occasional glitches I need help with.  Here's one:
>
> Have this in a page to just search my forum (I'm using simpleforums)
>
> (:searchbox size=20 label='Search This Forum'  fmt=#title:)
> (:searchresults list=normal group=ForumMembers:)
>
> But it does not limit results to my group, or put them in title only
> format.  I've tried fifty different variations putting the parameters
> in one or the other or both, nothing works.  If I put the group
> Parameter in the SearchBox it gives me some ugly text (group name)
> before the search box--and then can't find the post with my search
> terms!

First, which version of PmWiki are you running?  Both beta27 and
beta28 had a bug whereby the group= option wasn't working properly.

Also, versions prior to beta29 would always use the Site.Search
page, and ignore any (:searchresults:) directive on the current
page.

So, upgrading to the latest version ought to make things work
more as you expect.  I would expect:

    (:searchbox size=20 label='Search This Forum':)
    (:searchresults list=normal group=ForumMembers fmt=#title:)

to be what you're looking for (but it won't work with versions
prior to beta29).