[pmwiki-users] Update pmwiki using perl scripts

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Mar 2 14:27:14 CST 2006

On Mon, Feb 27, 2006 at 10:58:37AM +0530, Ginil Gharat wrote:
> =userid?authpw=password but again without success and which makes sense to
> me as this page is using POST method and *not* get method. The surprising
> part is even when I am sending `hidden` values to this form (html) it fails
> to get the values and authenticate the user.

Just for the record (and this probably deserves a cookbook or
documentation page somewhere)...

In order to post an update to a page, the client (browser or script)
has to send at least the following fields:

    n=Group.PageName
    action=edit
    text=text to be posted
    post=1

and if additional authorization is needed to write the page,
also send

    authpw=password
    authid=username

(PHP sessions that are already authorized for editing don't
need to re-send the authpw and authid fields, but they do have to
send the session cookie.)