[pmwiki-users] AuthUser - password creation and change

kirpi at kirpi.it kirpi at kirpi.it
Fri Mar 3 05:23:46 CST 2006

> In order to do password recovery we need a place
> to keep email addresses, so that we can send a link
> that grants special permission to set a new password.

I always liked the "old" style idea of logging-in with your email
address which, in other words, means that you register with
id = your at email.here

Possible drawbacks are that you might change sex in time, and this
would force you to change from john at yahoo.com to mary at yahoo.com.
Even a company change would force you to switch from
john at microsoft.com to john at google.com and, indeed, this would mean
that you have to re-register.

Nevertheless I do like the idea...

Luigi