[pmwiki-users] More on AuthUser

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Mar 3 10:12:28 CST 2006

On Fri, Mar 03, 2006 at 04:36:23PM +0100, Mikael Nilsson wrote:
> fre 2006-03-03 klockan 09:06 -0600 skrev Patrick R. Michaud:
>

> > 2. Then, to restrict a page or wikigroup to one of the above, just
> >    use "@editors" or "@admins" as the password.  So, if you wanted
> >    to restrict editing of pages in the XYZ wikigroup to the editors
> >    user group, you would set the edit password on XYZ.GroupAttributes
> >    to be "@editors".
>
> So, to allow access for individual users, use
>
> "id:user1,user2"
>
> and to give access to a whole group of users, use
>
> "@editors"
>
> Correct? The "id:" part is just a *little* bit incoherent.

Yes, that's correct.  And to allow access for @editors and
alice (assuming alice isn't a member of @editors),  use

    "@editors id:alice"

I totally agree that "id:" is a bit incoherent, but
it was my best guess for things at the time when I implemented it,
and I haven't come up with anything that is better enough to
warrant changing this.