[pmwiki-users] WikiWords and Google

kirpi at kirpi.it kirpi at kirpi.it
Sat Mar 4 14:59:41 CST 2006

I happened to read here [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CamelCase_and_Wiki] that

[WikiWords] are recognized by search engine spiders and indexers as
single words, thus ranking pages incorrectly...

Of course you might say to me "Ask Google and friends!", but for the
moment I just ask you all: does the phrase above means that, just to
be practical, it is better to drop the use of WikiWords and use [[]]
instead? (The need for Google's correct ranking is given for granted,
here.)

Of course I ask here also with the goal of letting the pmwiki
community be aware of this.

Luigi