[pmwiki-users] adding a background image

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Mar 4 21:52:52 CST 2006

On Sat, Mar 04, 2006 at 09:41:34PM -0500, christine the sprite wrote:
>    Hallo there!
>
>    I'm incredibly new at setting at wikis but i'm barreling on as best i can
>    and i was curious if there was a way to set up pmwiki so that you can have
>    a background image in your overalllayout.  I've been trying different
>    skins but haven't figured it out yet.  I can write in HTML and i know CSS,
>    but if anyone knows what i need to write where, i don't care what language
>    it's in! LOL

You can create a custom CSS file.  Create a file called local.css
in the pub/css/ directory, and then set the background-image css
property for the body tag:

    body { background-image: url(/path/to/bgimage.jpg); }

If that doesn't work, let us know and we'll come up with about
five or six other ways to do it.  (Literally! :-)