[pmwiki-users] WikiWords and Google

kirpi at kirpi.it kirpi at kirpi.it
Sun Mar 5 03:49:27 CST 2006

Just let's put thing in other words: wiki software has an engine which
let RollingStones and Rolling Stones be recognizes as the same thing
(and then links are generated and so on...).

Google could not have that sort of engine; this implies that, let's
say "EditVariables" and "ROSPatterns" will be to Google's eyes just
like "editvariables" and "rospatterns". And *not* "edit variables" and
"ros patterns" or whatever.
This argument is somehow "reduced" (is this good English?) by the fact
that (as far as I know) Google reads the html page, so that if we
choose to show WikiWords separated like "Wiki Words", then the problem
is maybe levelled to zero.

So:
a) It is *not* sure to me (us?) at present whether Google separates WikiWords.
b) It would be a safe choice for us to show WikiWords as Wiki Words.
c) It is anyway the best choice, in order to let search engines find
our text, to use [[]].

Am I wrong?

Luigi