[pmwiki-users] Lost Edits

Scott Connard connard at dsg-inc.com
Sun Mar 5 21:02:27 CST 2006

I'm new to PmWiki, and I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I
almost got burnt by losing edits and I want to complain.

I was editing and clicked Preview to check my results, scrolled down
to the bottom of the screen and forgot that I was previewing in the
middle of an edit, so I clicked the Edit button and lost my edits.
Luckily I realized it and used the magic Back button to restore to
the screen with my edits intact, but it wouldn't have been hard to
lose them.

Obviously, Previewing doesn't affect the Edit button, but it made it
easy for me to forget that I was still editing.

Can't PmWiki give us a warning that we are about to lose edits?

Scott.