[pmwiki-users] Multiple Questions

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Mar 5 22:37:40 CST 2006

On Sun, Mar 05, 2006 at 09:14:20PM -0500, The Editor wrote:
> 1. Is there anyway to disable the message when using the redirect directive?
> (:redirect PageName:).  I read a post here about some proposed syntax
> change but it doesn't seem to be implemented yet.  Would be nice to
> put in before 2.1.0

It's not implemented yet; it may make it into 2.1.0.  In the meantime
the redirect message can be disabled with:

    $PageRedirectFmt = '';

> 2. Is there anyway to link to a non-existant page and have it go
> (create &) view that page, rather than going to the edit page? The
> newpageboxplus script has that capability--but I would like the code
> for a link.

Viewing the page is no problem, but you don't want the edit links to
automatically create pages unless you want spiders to be creating pages
for you.  :-)

    $LinkPageCreateFmt = $LinkPageExistsFmt;

> 3. Related question: any way to set a conditional based on whether or
> not a page exists?

That's another one that is "coming soon".

> 4. Any way to set a sidebar (actually a rightbar) to show up only
> whenever the action=edit? I'd like a little markup cheatsheet down the
> right column whenever someone edits a page.

Change the Site.EditForm to include a sidebar that appears on the right.
This can be done with a table or a floating section.

    >>rfloat<<
    (:include Site.Cheatsheet:)