[pmwiki-users] want opinions on a new cookbook recipe format

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Mon Mar 6 16:01:05 CST 2006

Patrick R. Michaud schrieb:
> I'm not sure that it's obvious that we mean version of the recipe,
> someone could mistake it to mean "version of PmWiki".  This is
> what "Version:" currently means in PITS.

I don't think there's much room for confusion here. Saying "version"
without further qualification will use context, so it should be clear
that it's the recipe's version.

After all, it's clear that the Recipes group consists of add-ons.

...hmm... thinking of versions: there should be an entry that says for
which versions of PmWiki the recipe is supposed (or known?) to work.
E.g. Tested-On: or Prerequisites:, where each header lists which recipes
and what versions of recipes/PmWiki need to be installed.

Coming back to the original question, if there's a line saying
   Prerequisites: PmWiki 2.1.15
then it should be clear that
   Version: 1.2.3
isn't the PmWiki version :-)