[pmwiki-users] Cannot Set Password - HTTP authentication not supported ? Fix in Pmwiki v2 ?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Mar 6 20:35:09 CST 2006

On Tue, Mar 07, 2006 at 01:30:06AM +0100, Vincent Geroudet wrote:
>    I installed recently Pmwiki on my new FAI website ( see
>    http://vgeroudet.club.fr/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Main.HomePage ).
>
>    But today I start working on the local/config.php file to set some
>    variables.
>
>    Each time I tried to set an admin password, my Pmwiki became unreachable
>    (getting an "500 Internal Error").
>
>    I search in your pmwiki-users Archives, and apparently, it look like my
>    FAI site doesn't support HTTP authentication.

PmWiki hasn't used HTTP authentication by default for quite some time,
it uses session-based authentication.  (The "sessionauth.php" script
is really only for PmWiki v1.0 and earlier.)

So, it must be something else that is causing the problem.  I
suspect your webserver is not configured properly for PHP sessions.
I suspect it's not able to save the session data properly

Can you set "$EnableDiag=1;" in the config.php file so that I
can quickly check the PHP configuration?