[pmwiki-users] want opinions on a new cookbook recipe format

Sebastian Siedentopf schlaefer at macnews.de
Tue Mar 7 13:03:18 CST 2006

Am 07.03.2006 um 17:14 schrieb Patrick R. Michaud:

> On Tue, Mar 07, 2006 at 08:42:53AM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>> Perhaps instead of "Version:" or "Recipe-version:" we should just use
>> "Date:" or "Updated:"?
>
> Actually, here's another big reason to be careful about "Version:" --
> {$Version} is already taken as a page variable,  and there's already
> a 'version' attribute in page files.

I think Version is a to "useful" word for a variable {$Version} which
is used only once or twice in a normal wiki installation. Rename it
to {$PmWikiVersion}. I would even extent this to {$Name}, {$Title},
{$Author} etc. A prefix like Page as in {$PageUrl} would free this
very common words for custom page variables. Yes, I'm aware of the
backward compatibility issues.

Sebastian