[pmwiki-users] want opinions on a new cookbook recipe format

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Mar 7 13:23:54 CST 2006

On Tue, Mar 07, 2006 at 07:14:38PM +0000, Hans wrote:
> Tuesday, March 7, 2006, 6:46:23 PM, Patrick wrote:
> > At any rate, I have a pagelist-based-example at
> > http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Cookbook-ByCategory .
> > As more pages adopt the new header format, the descriptions will
> > get filled in (some are filled in already).
>
> Looks good. It seems it adds summaries only for newly saved pages,
> yesterdays edits adding the recipe-info don't show up till saved again.

Yes, that's correct.  This morning I went ahead and implemented
a simple version of saved properties -- only newly saved pages
will get the properties.  Simply re-saving the recipe-info will
fix things.

Eventually I'll write a good recipe and support for having PmWiki
automatically "re-save" a list of pages.  But today's not the day.

> Shall we have a Skin section as well, since we have a skin category?

I think Skins just deserves its own page, as it does now.  The
Cookbook section is too long as it is.

> And how can the superceded/outdated recipes be treated? They can get a
> category Superceded or such, but if they still carry other categories
> they will show up in those sections.

I think if a recipe is superceded we should remove its other
categories, or else leave the category names but not have them
be actual category links.