[pmwiki-users] want opinions on a new cookbook recipe format

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Mar 7 17:38:53 CST 2006

On Tue, Mar 07, 2006 at 05:28:03PM -0600, Chris Cox wrote:
> Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> > If there was a good way to automate my release script to send update
> > notices to freshmeat, that would be great.  But it's already a bit
> > of a delay for me to write up the ChangeLog and ReleaseNotes and
> > announcement messages for each release; having to write up yet another
> > set of notes that meets freshmeat's policies is a bit of a pain.
>
> You could always delegate this 'quick' ly if you know what
> I mean.  Perhaps it would give too many too much power... just
> an idea.
>
> I say this because I don't think you can have multiple project
> maintainers in freshment.. I think that's true??

I think you're correct that there can only be one maintainer per
project.  I don't have an issue with delegating it, other than it
adds another synchronization point for me to work with in coordinating
releases.  In some ways I don't have the impression that freshmeat
is really compatible with a 'release often' approach.

I'll probably find a way to start posting freshmeat updates again
soon, but 10-15 minutes spent updating the freshmeat site is
10-15 minutes taken away from something else.  And I'm not sure
it's all that important (but if others wish to correct my impression
on this, please do so).