[pmwiki-users] Trying to figure out why Markdown doesn't work, newbie needs help

Jan Erik Moström lists at mostrom.pp.se
Wed Mar 8 14:27:00 CST 2006

OK, I would like to try to get the Markdown plugin to work but I've got three
problems:

+   I don't know PHP

+   I don't know how to debug PHP

+   I don't know how to debug PmWiki

It sound kind of stupid to even start doing this doesn't it ;-)

Anyway, the problem with using Markdown seems to be that some commands works
while others doesn't. So far I've found that lists doesn't work, in Markdown
these are defined as

1.  This is
2.  a numbered list

and

+   This is
+   an unordered list

When I run this code through a Markdown filter I get the expected lists but
when I try this in PmWiki I just get back the orginal text without any HTML
markup at all (for the list that is, links etc work just fine).

So, my question is simply does PmWiki do something with the text before it
sends it to the markdown plugin? (I assume so) And is there something I can
do to prevent this?

I tried to find some documentation on how PmWiki works but didn't find
anything, did I miss something?

                    jem
--
Jan Erik Moström, www.mostrom.pp.se