[pmwiki-users] PmWiki/ConditionalMarkup

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Mar 8 14:46:20 CST 2006

On 3/8/06, Hans <design at softflow.co.uk> wrote:
> Wednesday, March 8, 2006, 4:52:11 PM, Dominique wrote:
> > I've tried to update the conditional markup documentation (as
> > http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/ConditionalMarkup-Draft) to reflect
> > the latest enhancements. Comments and corrections are welcome.
>
> Could we avoid blocks of <pre> with long lines, as they won't easily
> fit on most people's displays without horizontal scrolling?

Why not use a definition list?

This is yet another example where the "dlcol" style (as seen on
pmwiki.org's Cookbook.Cookbook page) might be helpful to include in
the core.

Also, indenting a block

        like this, with leading spaces

is skin-unfriendly and cut-and-paste unfriendly.  Indenting a block

-> [@
like this, using indented block markup
@]

is skin friendly and doesn't require removing leading spaces from a
pasted block of text.

At one time I thought the second method was to become the preferred
style for pmwiki.org, but I've noticed Pm, Hans, and many other
frequent authors are using leading spaces these days.

Hagan