[pmwiki-users] RFC: Expanding the PmWiki.FAQ

Chris Cox ccox at airmail.net
Thu Mar 9 14:10:12 CST 2006

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Mar 2006, Chris Cox wrote:
>
>> Yes I think that's a good approach.  At work we are only running 2.0 and
>> we don't have the extra pagelist support (at least I believe that is the
>> case) and we use (:include:) to pull in the FAQs into one page, each
>> section with a self referencing link and (:toc:) so you can narrow
>> things down easily.
>
> Hi Chris,
>
> I'm curious... I tried your example:
>
> 	http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Christian/TestFAQ
>
> and I got several TOCs at the beginning - don't you get that?

Nope.. but I do use our own version of the pagetoc recipe,
based on an older version.

I put up an example at my site.. use action=source to see
the page sources.

http://theendlessnow.com/ten/FAQ/FAQ

The empty tables do result in a small artifact.. the
original pagetoc didn't allow multiples on a page... I'm
exploiting that "feature".  I reduced the empty table
artifact by eliminating the border around the table, without
using a table, you won't even get those thin horizontal
lines.

I can post our pagetoc recipe ... but it's just a slightly
modified version of the one from Sept/Oct of last year.