[pmwiki-users] Documentation for installing under https:?

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 07:12:30 CST 2006

On Mon, 6 Mar 2006, Thomas -Balu- Walter wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 24, 2006 at 03:12:21PM +0100, christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com wrote:
> > Actually, maybe the page should really be about how you set up a secure
> > pmwiki installation?
>
> I'm not sure about Farms, but shouldn't it be enough to set some of the
> *Url config variables?

That is true.

I've gotten my old http:-site up and running under 'https:' now. The next
step for me now is to create a new installation using https, and I thought
I'd document exactly the steps I take then. Maybe a suitable page name for
where this can be documented is PmWiki.SecureInstallation?

However, I assume that also relates to the placement of directories. For
instance, wiki.d/ shouldn't have to be in a web-readable directory... To
complicate matters further, I'll probably also want to do a secure farm
installation. And I'd like the whole thing to be very simple to update,
i.e. ideally just by doing 'svn update'.

Anyway, in the next step I'll just set up a "normal" PmWiki installation
and see what special steps are needed there.

/Christian