[pmwiki-users] Request for additional page variable

Bellave Jayaram bellavejayaram at cox.net
Sun Mar 12 20:42:22 CST 2006

For my needs, a category is totally distinct from a infotype. I want to
build a Pmwiki site where people can browse/contribute/print requirements
for a class of software - for e.g. CMS.

There would be multiple fields, one each for a type of CMS (e.g., document
management, learning management, knowledge management etc.). There will be
some shared (Pmwiki) groups since there are some common requirements for all
these types of CMS (e.g., XML support, Workflow support, Publish2PDF support
etc.). There will be other (Pmwiki) groups that are unique to each type of
CMS (e.g., DITA support).

Categories will be used to group pages that will contain all the
requirements that apply to a particular CMS (e.g., IBM Content Management)
or to the target market of a CMS (Enterprise, Mid-market, Low-end) or to the
License type (Commercial, GPL, LGPL) etc. but I need a way to distinguish
pages that relate to different types of requirements (e.g., usability
requirement, look&feel requirement, performance requirement etc.) since I
would like to programmatically construct a wikitrail in a certain order of
requirement type for each category. Users will be able to create new
categories and create a wikitrail consisting of the set of requirements for
that Category and will be able to print it using John's Publish2PDF.

In order to achieve this, I was thinking I need a (:infotype:) markup and a
page variable to access that. Is what I am thinking OK or is there a better
way?

Thanks,
Jayaram