[pmwiki-users] Lost Edits

Hans design at softflow.co.uk
Mon Mar 13 07:50:58 CST 2006

Monday, March 13, 2006, 1:32:02 PM, Pico wrote:
> The buttons get a little confusing between "New Preview" and "Show"/
> "Hide Preview"

> Would it work if you just used a single Show/Hide Preview button on the
> edit form and provided a button on the preview to refresh the preview?

Not really. The "Preview" button ("New Preview") needs to be visible
when editing. I can  remove the toggle button from the place beside
"New Preview", and have it only on the Preview div, both at the top and
the bottom. Then "New Preview" can be called "Preview" again, and this
of course will always initiate a new preview. Having the toggle only
on the preview div will make it impossible to toggle, but possible to
close it (hide it), and force the user to use "Preview" to initiate a
new preview. Is this preferable?

> Otherwise, if you leave both buttons on the edit form, maybe edit the
> labels to avoid having the preview button change sizes when you toggle
> between "Show" and "Hide Preview."

I did this now.

Best,
~Hans