[pmwiki-users] cron job for Windows question

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Mar 13 09:08:07 CST 2006

On Mon, Mar 13, 2006 at 09:43:23AM -0500, Neil Herber wrote:
> I run a farm and some of the fields get visited very infrequently. I
> have the Mailpost recipe enabled for all fields so that I can see
> when things get edited.
>
> Sometimes someone edits a page and then no-one visits the field for a
> few days, so the Mailpost notification gets to me many days after the fact.

Just out of curiosity -- is this a problem?  If so, why?  1/2 ;-)

> Under Windows, and without that Crunchy UNIX Goodness (TM) that other
> can rely on, how can I trigger Mailpost on each field every 4 hours?
> I have asked this question before, but I was wondering if PmWiki
> v2.1.0 had an Easter egg that could do this.

Well, assuming that the farm (i.e., all of the fields combined)
gets regular hits, it would be possible to have farmconfig.php
trigger MailPosts at regular intervals for all of the various fields
in the farm.

Also,  you could try setting $MailPostsDelay to zero -- you'll get
a notification as soon as someone tries to edit a page, which can
at least let you know to check the field's AllRecentChanges page.
$MailPostsSquelch would then keep you from getting too many
notification messages if someone does a lot-of-little-edits.