[pmwiki-users] Lost Edits

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Mon Mar 13 10:35:19 CST 2006

At 2006-03-13  09:20 AM -0700, H. Fox is rumored to have said:
>Maybe using a background image like this one?
>
>http://www.pmwiki.org/pmwiki/uploads/Cookbook/preview-background.gif

My first reaction was "What image??" then my tired old eyes found the
near invisible "preview" label. It would have to be a lot more
pronounced for me to see it easily. Differences in screen brightness,
contrast, and gamma settings may make an image this light effectively
invisible.

> > What should happen is that the edit form should suppress the top and
> > bottom menus and allow only the buttons that are on the edit form to
> > be visible. Then it would be very difficult to make this error.
>
>Even with that, it's possible to click a link in the previewed page.

The "popup" preview that Hans has created makes this less likely
because you can still see the edit form behind the preview. I think
the original problem was users scrolling down to the bottom of the
preview where the edit form is no longer visible and forgetting that
they were not on the real page.

However, someone determined to lose their edits will find a way no
matter what the admin does.  ;-)

I just want to make it harder to do.

Neil

Neil Herber