[pmwiki-users] Some comments about (:logbook:) v 0.3

EuGeNe eugene at boardkulture.com
Mon Mar 13 13:51:45 CST 2006

Daniel Friedmann wrote:
> Hello EuGeNe
>
>> Following "private" discussions with a couple of PmWiki users interested
>> in (:logbook:) I have pursued the dev. a bit further and am happy (not
>> sure if I should be pleased yet) to announce the release of v 0.3.
>
> Some comments on your updated cookbook:
>
> 1.
> My logbook on http://spampal.de/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WikiSandbox has
> some problems with the correct date of the say. Today is actually
> Sunday, 13 March 2006. Logbook, however, tells me that 13 March is a
> Saturday which is wrong. FYI, I translated the days into German but how
> can I also translate the month? Well, I'm using a US Windows XP so maybe
> that's why the date is shown in English.
>
> 2.
> There seems to be a big problems with the session_start variable. When I
> use (:logbook:) near the end of Main.SideBar I get these 4 lines of
> error message twice on top of Main.SideBar:

[...]
> The logbook on WikiSandbox, however, doesn't cause this error message.
>
> 3.
> Could you highlight the actual date so that everyone knows where to
> click on that day?

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your comments.

1) Is not a bug as such it was caused by the way I coded the days ... I
have now re-factored the code to let wiki administrators use whichever
language they like by setting $LogbookDays and $LogbookMonths in
local/config.php

2) That one is a tricky one ... I can't reproduce it but I use 2.0.13
not any of the 2.1 (I should now that Pm as released 2.1.0) Maybe Pm can
enllighten us on the session bug you encounter. In any case I changed
the call to session_start() to @session_start() it may make a difference
can you check when you get a chance? There could be a conflict with
other cookbook recipes.

3) Done ... today is now clearly visible.

You can get the updated logbook.php and logbook.css on
http://www.3kwa.com/Tutorial/Logbook

I called it v 0.4 as there are new features (which you suggested).

Hope you'll feel like keeping on using (:logbook:),

Best regards,

EuGeNe