[pmwiki-users] I'm selling the farm ...

Hans design at softflow.co.uk
Wed Mar 15 13:13:44 CST 2006

Wednesday, March 15, 2006, 5:12:28 PM, Patrick wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 15, 2006 at 11:32:46AM -0500, Neil Herber wrote:
>> Or to be more precise, I am keeping the farm, but I am combining some
>> of the fields and dividing the content into groups in the one field.
>>
>> One thing I can't figure out is if Mailposts can be made to send
>> notices "by group". Currently, each field has mailposts sent
>> separately. How can I get Mailposts to send to a different set of
>> addresses for changes made to each group?

> Can't really do that as yet.  I'm planning to that as part of
> the improved notification system I talked about in an earlier
> message.

You can do it with GroupName.php local customisation files in local/.
Set up each GroupName.php including the following, and any othe rGroup
customisations:

<?php if (!defined('PmWiki')) exit();

$group = FmtPageName('$Group', $pagename);
## Mail post to alert about changes by email
ini_set('SMTP','mail.example2.com');  # mail handler of your server
$EnableMailPosts=1;                   # 1 to enable mailposts
$MailPostsTo="name at example.com";  # where to send mail
$MailPostsDelay=0;                 # wait 0 min after initial post
$MailPostsSquelch=600;               # require 30+ minutes between mails
$MailPostsFrom = 'GroupName Wiki<nobody at example2.com>';  # from sender
$MailPostsMessage = "Recent wiki posts:\n"
  ."  ($ScriptUrl/$group/RecentChanges)\n\n\$MailPostsList\n";
$MailPostsFile = "$WorkDir/.$group.mailposts";

Change the appropriate addresses etc.
The last line will create an individual mailpost file for the group,
.GroupName.mailposts, instead of using one .mailposts file for the whole field.
The message refers to the groups RecentChanges page.

I have this running and working fine.

Best,
~Hans