[pmwiki-users] Audiences (was: Re: RFC: PITS 00701 -- WikiFarm confusion)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Mar 16 12:26:08 CST 2006

On Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 11:13:56AM -0700, Bellave Jayaram wrote:
> I tried (:pagelist group=PmWiki "(basic)","(advanced)" :) looking for both
> types of pages and the only hit was DocumentationGuidelines.

This would mean pages that are both basic and advanced.

> Assuming all the pages have an audience markup, one should be able to do all
> possible combination filters and get reliable hits. For ex.,
>
> 1. all content levels for authors (basic, intermediate and advanced)

(:pagelist group=PmWiki "%audience% authors" :)

> 2. author(basic) and administrator(basic)

Not an easy way to do this one, because PmWiki's search doesn't have
an "or" condition.  But this is getting into an area where I think
we're starting to ask a little too much from what is supposed to
be a fairly simple system.