[pmwiki-users] Add title attribute to link?

Allister Jenks arj at zkarj.co.nz
Fri Mar 17 03:35:09 CST 2006

On 3/17/06, Hans <design at softflow.co.uk> wrote:

> Friday, March 17, 2006, 7:58:49 AM, Allister wrote:
> > I want to be able to display a tooltip for the links in my
> > sidebar.  I tried enclosing in a (:div:) but that messes with the
> > formatting
>
> Perhaps http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/LinkPageExistsFmtTooltip
> can give you some ideas? I found it confusing though.

Yes, it is a little confusing.  I suppose I could use the Description to
achieve what I want, but really that should be used for search engine stuff
and be quite long.  Really what I want is to be able to specify the tooltip
text in the page that contains the link.  I would imagine something like
this:

[[Main.FirstPage | Start Here "Click here to be taken to the first page of
the lesson"]]

So the page is FirstPage, the link says "Start Here" and the tooltip is the
"Click here..." bit.  Each serves a different purpose.  The page name is
site structure, the link text is for returning users who already know what
the link does and the tooltip for new users who need a little more info.

--
Allister