[pmwiki-users] Add title attribute to link?

Hans design at softflow.co.uk
Fri Mar 17 08:02:24 CST 2006

Friday, March 17, 2006, 1:50:44 PM, Patrick wrote:
>     [[ http://www.example.com"Example.com title" | link text ]]

>     %title="Example.com title"% [[ http://www.example.com | link text]]

>     [[ http://www.example.com | link text | Example.com title ]]

I like the last one best. Just add another pipe and any tooltip text
after that. There will be likely need to have a pipe in the link text,
so it is  a good separator.

The word "title" in the second example is not very fortunate, as we
already have a page title, and a page variable of that name. Even
though the html code uses title= I think it is better avoided here.
And it is not really a style attribute.

The first one is not very pretty, perhaps from a html code point of view
logical, but not from a user point of view, who just want to give a
tooltip description in addition to the link text.

Best,
~Hans