[pmwiki-users] Note on tooltip options

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Mar 17 18:02:22 CST 2006

On Fri, Mar 17, 2006 at 03:09:14PM -0700, H. Fox wrote:
> On 3/17/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> > So what is the result of the following...?
> >
> >     Attach:image.jpg | My Photo
> >
> > Is "My Photo" a caption or a tooltip?
>
> My vote: Caption.  Here's a tooltip:
>
>      Attach:image.jpg | My Photo Tooltip |

Unfortunately, I see a disconnect between

    [[Target | text | tooltip]]

and

    Attach:image | tooltip | text

We could possibly change to

    [[Target | tooltip | text]]

but that adds a lot of backtracking and/or extra checking into the
pattern match, or complicates the expressions a bit.  And we'd
still need to figure out what to do with [[ text -> target ]],
my guess would be  [[ text -> target | tooltip ]].

I'll have to think about it -- I'm not all that sure I like
what it does in the internals.  Also, is it important to make
a distinction between alt= and title= in images?