[pmwiki-users] Add title attribute to link?

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Mar 17 18:06:12 CST 2006

On 3/17/06, Hans <design at softflow.co.uk> wrote:
> Friday, March 17, 2006, 1:50:44 PM, Patrick wrote:
> >     [[ http://www.example.com"Example.com title" | link text ]]
>
> >     %title="Example.com title"% [[ http://www.example.com | link text]]
>
> >     [[ http://www.example.com | link text | Example.com title ]]
>
> I like the last one best. Just add another pipe and any tooltip text
> after that. There will be likely need to have a pipe in the link text,
> so it is  a good separator.

I agree that the last one is is best, except in reverse as

    [[ http://www.example.com | Example.com title | link text ]]

for reasons discussed in the other thread.

For links:

    [[ http://www.example.com |  link text ]]
    [[ http://www.example.com | Example.com title | ]] ???
    [[ http://www.example.com | Example.com title | link text ]]

For images:

    Attach:image.jpg | My Photo Caption
    Attach:image.jpg | My Photo Tooltip |
    Attach:image.jpg | My Photo Tooltip | My Photo Caption

> The first one is not very pretty, perhaps from a html code point of view
> logical, but not from a user point of view, who just want to give a
> tooltip description in addition to the link text.

Personally, I don't find the first form very author-friendly.

Hagan