[pmwiki-users] wiki farm terminology

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Sat Mar 18 12:40:49 CST 2006

Neil Herber schrieb:
> Dave, Jo and Hans all make valid points. I think it might help to have a
> wikifarm terminology docs page to:
> * provide a place to find the preferred terminology with definitions
> * explain where "farm" came from
> * explain some of the dangers of using an agricultural analogy
> * list the various terms such as "field" that still exist in the docs
> and suggest alternate terms or phrases that are clear, short , and
> unambiguous

Hmm... not something that I'd be searching for in the "official"
documentation.
But a good place for documenters to come back to see what the
agreed-upon terminology is. (If/when there's an agreement, that is *g*)
Ideally, that page could go away once the wikifarm terminology has been
cleaned up.

Regards,
Jo