[pmwiki-users] Blog feature request.

The Editor editor at fast.st
Sat Mar 18 19:14:24 CST 2006

I don't have an exact solution, but a reasonable suggestion you may be
able to find a way to implement.  I have a simple blog where:

1) I have a variable $Today defined with current date (YYYY-MM-DD) in
my config file.
2) I use a newpagebox box in my admin section to create a new page in
my blog group with $Today for a name, and post my blog.
3) I have a pagelist for blog dates in my blog sidebar, and another
pagelist on the main page which does a teaser include of the 3 most
recent blogs.
4) I put comment boxes in the group footers for each blog page.
5) I few other details to spruce it up--but basically a pretty
standard setup. Works swell.

Now, if there were a way to do a pagelist template to do something like:

    if $Name =< $Today then list name, else skip

Then you could simply writeover the $Today date in the newpagebox box
with whatever release date you wanted, post your blog, and on the
appropriate day it would suddenly appear in the list. (On an editor's
page you could use a different pagelist to see all posts). It's a
simple idea, but someone would need to help with the actual template.
I'd love to have this feature myself, if anyone can code it...

Caveman