[pmwiki-users] wiki farm terminology

DaveG pmwiki at solidgone.com
Sun Mar 19 11:02:45 CST 2006

> then the so-called "home wiki" is the one that contains the
 > components shared by all the others. In particular, the home
 > wiki contains pmwiki.php and local/farmconfig.php.
I believe the term "wiki" should not include the PmWiki code. It should
only be the content, and configurations.

In fact the subsequent definition of HomeWiki seems to reinforce that:
> A wiki in a farm contained in the PmWiki directory,

> PmWiki installation directory
I think shortening this to PmWiki directory *may* be misleading. The
installation part seems to imply code to me. Thus PmWiki code directory
might be a more apt definition based on wiki's being content and config.

If we go the route of
wikis = content/config
pmwiki code = code

Then we need global (or farm) wide configurations as well, which we
already have.