[pmwiki-users] wildcard user name in authuser

The Editor editor at fast.st
Tue Mar 21 07:59:18 CST 2006

I take it you are manually creating their user accounts, and setting
their passwords (using something like HtpasswdForm).  And then
notifying them ahead of time what their account name and password are.

If so, these lines in your config.php file will set $Author to
$AuthId, and force it to be recorded--even if they try and change the
author name to something else when they edit a page.

include_once("$FarmD/scripts/authuser.php");
$EnablePostAuthorRequired = 1;
$Author = $AuthId;

The other thing you will need to do is set the site read password to
whatever your secret password is.  And of course you will have to
override that on main.homepage?action=attr (use read=nopass) and put a
simple login form there, or at least a link to something like
members.realwelcome (which should automatically prompt for their login
info).

Ha!  My first chance to answer a question!

Caveman

PS.  If you use the FAST Membership recipe instead, you can allow
members to create their own accounts--and it will work the same, as
long as they create their account with the proper password.  Just give
them the password ahead of time, and save yourself the administration
of their accounts.