[pmwiki-users] problem with uploads changing file names

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Tue Mar 21 08:32:48 CST 2006

At 2006-03-21  02:57 PM +0100, christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com is
rumored to have said:
> > Is there a solution? For now I am FTPing the files myself and then
> > fixing the commas in the Attach: markup. Not a pretty sight.
>
>I didn't get that last bit... does this work:
>
>         [[Attach:hi,ho,hello.txt]]
>
>(assuming there is a file called 'hi,ho,hello.txt')

I'm in desperation mode here because this site was supposed to be
live last Wednesday. As a result, my testing has not been well controlled.

I don't think [[Attach:hi,ho,hello.txt]] works. It showed a link
requiring an upload even if the file was there.

I tried Intermap:
Paper:  http://example.eton.ca/wiki/uploads/Nov-2005/

Then on a page:
[[(Paper:)07_Our Business Processes - Lepingwell, ABCD.pdf]]

and it made a huge mess of the link, turning it into some kind of
WikiWord thing like this:
http://example.eton.ca/wiki/uploads/Nov-2005/07OurBusinessProcessesLepingwellABCD.pdf

And of course since it is not "attach", there is no upload prompt if
the file is not there.

What I have fallen back on is a fully qualified URL with manual FTP. Yuk.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668