[pmwiki-users] Why doesn't this installation sequence work?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Mar 21 10:05:14 CST 2006

On Tue, Mar 21, 2006 at 01:08:57AM +0100, christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com wrote:
>   cd
>   svn checkout svn://pmwiki.org/pmwiki/tags/latest pmwiki
>   mv pmwiki/pub public_html/farmpub
>   echo "<?php \$FarmPubDirUrl='/~$USER/farmpub';" >pmwiki/local/farmconfig.php

This ends up creating a file that looks like

    <?php $FarmPubDirUrl='/~username/farmpub';

and "/~username" isn't a valid file path specification.  (PHP doesn't
understand or use the ~username syntax.)

> So the problem is that skin.php looks in the wrong place for the skin.
> AFAICT, the error occurs because pub/ isn't located in $FarmD, but I
> didn't think $FarmD had to point there, just to where cookbook/ and
> scripts/ is located?
>
> Do we need a new variable called something like $FarmPubD?

Normally PmWiki expects to find the farm's pub/ directory in the
same location as scripts and the like.

Instead of creating a $FarmPubD variable, I'd rather define a
list of directories that PmWiki will search for skins:

    $SkinPathFmt = array('pub/skins', '$FarmD/pub/skins');

Or, perhaps more generally (so that we can get pub/css files
as well):

    $PubPathFmt = array('pub', '$FarmD/pub');

Then someone needing the pub directory to be in a different place,
or add more pub/ locations, can just modify $PubPathFmt.