[pmwiki-users] pmwiki documentation: Edit Templates

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Mar 21 10:38:26 CST 2006

On Tue, Mar 21, 2006 at 03:21:42PM +0100, noskule wrote:
> hi list, hi pm
> Is there a reason way the page Cookbook/EditTemplates is not located in
> the DocumentationIndex but in the Cookbook. Could it also be listed in
> the DocumentationIndex so that it is avalible local installations?

One can probably make a case for many of the Cookbook pages being
placed directly into the distributed documentation.

But we also have people who are making a case that the distributed
documentation is already too big, and that the admin-oriented
documentation pages shouldn't be in the distribution.

It's a balancing act, and I'm not sure we have the correct balance
yet or have good guidelines for what goes where.  But it's pretty
clear to me that we don't want to put every conceivable option and
configuration possibility into the distributed docs -- and that's
why we have the Cookbook.  Part of the Cookbook's purpose is to
document many of PmWiki's features and configuration possibilities
that are less commonly used than others.