[pmwiki-users] problem with uploads changing file names

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 12:03:57 CST 2006

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006, Neil Herber wrote:

> At 2006-03-21  02:57 PM +0100, christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com is
> rumored to have said:
> > > Is there a solution? For now I am FTPing the files myself and then
> > > fixing the commas in the Attach: markup. Not a pretty sight.
> >
> >I didn't get that last bit... does this work:
> >
> >         [[Attach:hi,ho,hello.txt]]
> >
> >(assuming there is a file called 'hi,ho,hello.txt')
>
> I'm in desperation mode here because this site was supposed to be
> live last Wednesday. As a result, my testing has not been well controlled.
>
> I don't think [[Attach:hi,ho,hello.txt]] works. It showed a link
> requiring an upload even if the file was there.
>
> I tried Intermap:
> Paper:  http://example.eton.ca/wiki/uploads/Nov-2005/
>
> Then on a page:
> [[(Paper:)07_Our Business Processes - Lepingwell, ABCD.pdf]]
>
> and it made a huge mess of the link, turning it into some kind of
> WikiWord thing like this:
> http://example.eton.ca/wiki/uploads/Nov-2005/07OurBusinessProcessesLepingwellABCD.pdf

Hmm... it works for me... look here:

	http://wiki.lyx.org/Playground/Paper

> And of course since it is not "attach", there is no upload prompt if the
> file is not there.

Yeah, that sucks.  I've been wanting to write something that allows you to
let your intermap links check if the destination file exists.

I've been thinking that maybe you could write something like this in
Site.InterMap

Paper:     http://example.eton.ca/wiki/uploads/$1    /var/srv/wiki/uploads/$1

and then when 'Paper:something' is used, it'll check if the file

	/var/srv/wiki/uploads/something exists

and display a warning if the target doesn't exist.

> What I have fallen back on is a fully qualified URL with manual FTP. Yuk.

I think you at least shouldn't have to use a fully qualified URL...

/C