[pmwiki-users] Why doesn't this installation sequence work?

Hans design at softflow.co.uk
Tue Mar 21 14:57:51 CST 2006

Tuesday, March 21, 2006, 8:31:29 PM, Neil wrote:
> I think (and other more experienced could confirm or deny) that you
> could use the <Files ...> stuff in .htaccess in the same directory as
> pmwiki.php.

Create a .htacess file in the farm's installation directory (where
pmwiki.php resides) with this:

   Order Deny, Allow
   Deny from All

and create another .htaccess file in the farm's pub/ directory with
this:

   Allow from All

The first .htaccess file prevents public access to the farm
installation, including pmwiki.php and the scripts/ and cookbook/
directories. The second .htaccess file allows browser access to the
pub/ directory and its subdirectories like css/, guiedit/ and skins/.

This info used to be on page
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/FarmSecurity
but it has been removed (or moved to somewhere else, where?),
at this farm spring cleaning. I hope it will resurface again.
I am a bit concerned that so much information has been taken out,
and I have to look deep into page histories to find previous valuable
info.

--
Best,
 Hans