[pmwiki-users] more ShowHide, skins, editing, etc.

Jon Haupt jhaupt at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 16:10:42 CST 2006

On the heels of our discussions about ShowHide, and Hans's skin
updates, I am wondering if the following would be possible/feasible.

What I'd like is to set the wiki to be perpetually in preview/edit
mode, so that anytime I "view" a page, I'm actually viewing a
"preview".  Then I plan to hide the edit form.  In doing this, the
editing window is already at my fingertips using the ShowHide script,
and no request to the server is required to bring up the edit window.

It's not difficult to force PmWiki into perpetual editing mode by using

if ($action == 'browse') action = 'edit';

but what's more complex is making preview mode the default.  Below,
you can see a test wiki where I've implemented some of this.  You
won't see any text at first, because PmWiki doesn't think I want the
preview to display.  In order to get to what I'd like you to see, you
have to click the "Edit this Page" button, then click Preview.  Then
you'll see what I mean.  Once you do this, you can instantly switch
back and forth between the edit window and the actual page.

http://josquin.us/test/index.php?n=Main.HomePage

How could I accomplish this?

Jon

--