[pmwiki-users] Wiki speed diferences, no apparent reason

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Mar 23 09:47:07 CST 2006

On Thu, Mar 23, 2006 at 10:43:25AM -0500, Neil Herber wrote:
> At 2006-03-23  09:15 AM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud is rumored to have said:
> >On Wed, Mar 22, 2006 at 06:57:08PM +0100, Dominique Faure wrote:
> >> Time to try lighttpd ? ;-)
> >
> >I don't think that's a possibility for me, since all of the
> >server-management scripts from my hosting provider (and used by
> >some of my clients) really expect to be run from Apache and
> >to be manipulating Apache configuration files.
> >
> >But it's a good thought... :-)
>
> I like the idea, but lighttpd need to run with Cygwin under Windoze
> and I am loath to add any more stuff I know nothing about to the
> server - especially if it involves Unix-like things. My brain is
> blissfully Unix-free right now.
>
> This might be a more attractive option for new admins if it came
> bundled like the various LAMP/WAMP/XAMP packages.

Also, I think many wiki admins are not also server admins,
or are using hosting services where they really don't get a choice
of webserver software (and wouldn't want to switch from it anyway).
So it would still be helpful for us to find ways to improve
PmWiki's performance when confronted with such limitations.